At the JDRF Walk in West Palm Beach, FL, March 5, 2011. The mighty wind nearly made it "Sailing to Cure Diabetes"!
I've been away for a while living L-I-F-E, but I'm still on the DOC Twitterverse and reading your blogs. Just a post to let you all know what's goin' on:
1) My latest A1C done earlier this month, 7.0, is my highest in 6 years. Blech :-(
2) I'm going to see an endo here in Florida in June for follow up. I haven't seen anyone but my Chicago PCP since 1995, so I'm nervous. Visions of an OmniPod have been dancing in my head lately....
3) Some other health concerns unrelated to the D are in hand, thankfully (and knock on wood). What a load of worry off my mind!
4) Whoever said 40 is the new 30 was lying (!)
5) And to all the people I work with now who are so totally cool with me being a person with diabetes...THANK YOU. It makes my life so much less stressful not to hide it anymore.
Cheers for now!