Thanks to George, today is a celebration of things NOT about the big D. Here are a few of mine:
- I looooove space. Ever since I was a little kid, I have been fascinated by it. I so want to go to one of the last Space Shuttle launches next year...til then, I hit this site every day or so, just to dream...
- ..and then I click over to this site, which never fails to crack me up :-)
- I also love the 1980s. I think I watched every TV show on this list. If I could I would stay home for two weeks straight and watch 'em all over again!
- Being married to someone in IT just made me even more of a geek. My brother and I had a Tandy 1000 back in the day, and an Atari 2600 before that. I think this is one of the best sites for reviews. I spend way too much time on here at work, doing "research" ;-)
- #4 explains why I also find myself here sometimes when the day is going slow
- I'm also a news junkie...
- ...and a science junkie...
- ...and a bookworm, and I love to travel. If I do this someday, I'll be in heaven.
- Speaking of travel and writing, I used to have many pen pals back in the '80s. I still keep in touch with a few, and one of them has been on some really cool trips this year.
- A few years ago I volunteered for several theaters in Chicago. I did props and worked backstage. Apart from high school drama club, this was the first time I'd ever done anything on a play. I was hooked. There is nothing cooler than watching the house lights dim and hearing the story told, and imagining everything happening around you.
What are your non-D thoughts today, friends?